Vamp Fic Recs Photobucket Slash Fic Rec Completed Fics Supporting Cast Fics Adventures of SuperBeta Nico's Random Thoughts Banner banter I'd Hit that Banners Fanged Ones The Pimps Author Spotlight Fandom Happenings Affiliate News Contests Awards Site News

A note from Izzy!




Hi everyone,

I wanted to take the time give you an update on some new things coming in the future, and give you a little information about TwiWrite. I get many questions about how we do things, and what our plans are, so this is just an update from me to share our ideas and such.

First off, I want to give a huge THANK YOU to those of you pimping the site and sending new members our way. When I first started TwiWrite, I thought we would be lucky to make it to 1,000 new members in the first year. It's been just over six months since TwiWrite went live, and I'm shocked to see we have close to 3,000 members already. You all blow me away.

Thank you for making TwiWrite such a huge success. I try very hard to keep this site running smoothly, and with the help of my amazing staff, we also try to keep things going and upbeat for you. This includes new contest ideas, keeping spam out of the forums, and giving your stories exposure here and on our affiliate sites. We wouldn't have such an awesome place to post if it wasn't for all of you lovely authors and readers out there. Again, thank you.

Of course, no site is perfect, and there is always room for improvement, and I am hoping you can help us with this. The biggest complaint that I have received about the site, is the lack of reviews. Of course, not everyone enjoys the story they are reading, and that's alright. We all have different tastes in fics, and that's expected. But I am reaching out to all you readers and asking you, please, if you read a story and you like it, leave a review! It doesn't have to be detailed, just a thought to let the author know you are enjoying the story and that you appreciate their dedication in delivering you something to read.

If readers don't review, then the authors won't want to post. Then we'll have no site. (pouts heavily)

Let's make TwiWrite not just good, but amazing, by having the best reviewers around. We need you to do that. There are so many awesome stories on the site, and they deserve some love.

On this note, the staff and I are putting together a new contest. It'll be similar to the Review Showdown we did a while back, but also drastically different. This will be a great way to help promote TwiWrite, and also encourage the readers to come out of lurking and show their love for these amazing fics we swoon over and stalk our inboxes for updates. We'll have more details out to you soon on this. We're excited and hope you will be too.

I'm also pleased to see a little diversity coming to the site in the way of pairings. The running so far has been Jasper/Bella, and lots of Edward/Jasper slash. Those are great, but it's also nice to see some of the Team wolf fics being posted as well as other pairings. We want this. We want to have lots of different Ship's to read to keep it from getting boring. If you know of someone who has a story you love on one of the other sites, tell them about us. Maybe they'll be willing to come post here too. I know some of our Team Wolf readers would like to see this happen.

A feature that we offer on the site, that I'm not seeing utilized a lot, is the contests/challenges feature. If you are hosting a contest, feel free to host it here. We have tools to help you do that. If you have questions on how to host a contest on TwiWrite, just contact us. One of us will be more than happy to help you find the options that are best for you, and walk you through the set up if you need it. We love a good contest, and yours will be welcomed. You can even use the form found in the menu bar at the top of this page to inform us of it. We'll help get the word out.

Over the next couple of months, I will be making some changes to a few things. One is the pairings. I realize we have lots of very Non-Canon pairings on the site. Some very popular, some that are not. For example: Jasper/Bella is the leading Non-Canon pairing. We also have lots of Peter/Bella and Carlisle/Bella pairings. Those are pretty popular in the Fanfiction world, but others are not. (Aro/Bella, Edward/Rose, Jane/Demetri, etc) I will be setting up a way to sort through these and trying to make the searching easier. This way, if you know you want an odd 'Ship, then you can look for them in a separate category from the popular 'Ships. It's just another search tool that will help you in finding the fics that YOU want to read.

Another thing that I'll be adding is a donate box. Now, before you go all "Oh, no she didn't" on me, realize this. TwiWrite is ad free. You don't get annoying scrolling bars asking to buy butt cream or turn yourself into a garden gnome. I want to keep it this way, but much to the displeasure of my husband (and his paycheck), I do have to pay to host this site. Those fees are, unfortunately, going up this year. So I'm going to give you the option of donating and helping me keep this place open if you want. I know not everyone can, and that is totally fine.

I AM NOT LOOKING TO MAKE MONEY OFF THIS SITE! I find that bullshit, for lack of a better word. Fanfiction is a hobby for me, not a business. I do not run this site as a business, nor will I ever. Plain and simple. But I have been asked by a few members about the fees and some have wanted to help out. I'm going to put a small box on the site to give those of you who want to help out a chance to do so. No one is obligated, and you will not see me pushing the issue. I'm just giving those who'd like to help out an option.

The fees are not that much. This year, it cost me about $200.00 to run this site and the test site. (The test site is to make sure I test things out there first before adding them to the actual site. This ensures I don't mess something up on the real site by experimenting.) I don't mind sharing these numbers with you. It's not very expensive, but that kind of money actually means something to me. We're not rich folk. ALL of TwiWrite's staff (including me) is on a volunteer basis, and no one gets paid for this. It'll always be that way.

Another change coming, will be a new look for TwiWrite. I don't expect this to happen anytime soon, but I am working on three new skins to add, and when the new updated software comes out, the site will more than likely lose the old look. It's not something I'm happy about, but the new software is being built with new methods, causing the ones we currently use to be outdated. This will not happen for a while though, as the new update is nowhere near ready and I'll test the living daylights out of it before I add it here. Just be aware that it will happen in the future. In the meantime, we'll get a few new skins here and there for you to choose from in the coming months.

I will try to keep everyone updated as much as I can as I make these changes. Some you might notice, others you won't, but I like to keep everyone in the loop on what I'm doing and planning. I am always open for suggestions, so please feel free to email me at contact@twiwrite.net or you can tweet me at @JaspersIzzy. I try to be accessible as I can for everyone, in case you have questions, ideas, or issues. I will always do my best to help.

Lastly, I want to say that this is your site. Yes, I own it, run it, decide (with my admins) what happens and how things are done, but I also know that without you - the awesome reader and/or amazing author - that this site would be nothing. I want you all to feel at home on TwiWrite, and that means letting your opinions and voices be heard. I can't always accommodate them, but I do try my best to hear your thoughts and incorporate them in to the site when I can.

Again, thank you to everyone and their support. You make this place what it is, and I'll forever be grateful for your encouragement and love for my little project. I hope the site will continue to grow, and become a great place for us to share our love for Twilight fanfiction. Let's work together to make that happen.

Sincerely yours,

and the awesome TwiWrite Staff!


/ Filed under

Leave a Reply

Spread The Word!

Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

PhotobucketPhotobucket