Vamp Fic Recs Photobucket Slash Fic Rec Completed Fics Supporting Cast Fics Adventures of SuperBeta Nico's Random Thoughts Banner banter I'd Hit that Banners Fanged Ones The Pimps Author Spotlight Fandom Happenings Affiliate News Contests Awards Site News

The Pimps Rec 'Long Way Down' by Forthelongestday







THEChickNorris: Oh LORD, I'm so excited about this week's rec.
GemmaLisaX: :D Oh, I know you are! LOL. So am I
THEChickNorris: Long Way Down by forthelongestday is one of my all time favorite stories.
GemmaLisaX: same here!!!! I am soooo glad that you told GemmaLisaX to read it
As soon as I started, I was hooked
THEChickNorris: Well, I started reading it from a blog rec, and might have gotten a little fan-girlish in my reviews...that led to GemmaLisaX being a pre-reader for the remainder of the story.
GemmaLisaX: LOL. Fangirling does tend to lead places
Isn’t that how GemmaLisaX and you got to be friends?
LOL
THEChickNorris: forthelongestday writes SO beautifully, and she's the reason I even tried writing.
And yes, I fangirled you too.
GemmaLisaX: hey, I fangirled you as well
LOL
and yes she does...her chatacters are so well thought out and well written
She makes them interesting and deep
THEChickNorris: <waggles eyebrows> Maybe we can fangirl each other later?
GemmaLisaX: <grins> sounds like a plan, Wifey
Then her storyline is original and intriguing
And I can't spell for shit
THEChickNorris: I love her storyline. I love her story. I love her writing. I love the concepts behind this story.
I love the characters.
Seriously, anyone that hasn't read this should be flogged...in the bad way.
GemmaLisaX: totally
When I was a chapter or so in, I was raving about it all over twitter
Everyone that had read it loves it too
THEChickNorris: Stories like this are what all of us writers in the fandom aspire to.
GemmaLisaX: OMG, yes. And it’s the reason why we read the fan fiction that we do...to find gems like this one
THEChickNorris: And if you read this, you have to read her outtakes as well. They're just as beautifully done, but from Jasper's point of view.
GemmaLisaX: Oh....and her Jasper
THEChickNorris: Her Jasper is just dead on.
GemmaLisaX: I so want her Jasper
I want to be able to write her Jasper
THEChickNorris: And I love her Bella.
GemmaLisaX: YES!
THEChickNorris: She's strong, without being crude.
GemmaLisaX: She's confident and ballsy, without being crass
LOL
Jinx!
THEChickNorris: And you actually get to see the transformation from the shy and reserved little girl to the confident and strong woman.
GemmaLisaX: Yes, there’s no missing steps, no assumptions
Just Bella and her natural progression
And the same with the romance between Bella and Jasper
THEChickNorris: That's my favorite part of this entire story.
How natural and RIGHT it all feels.
Long Way Down really is the total package.
GemmaLisaX: yeah, I have nothing to complain about it tbh
All the way through I was glued to the screen
THEChickNorris: Well developed plot, well developed characters, beautifully written, originality
GemmaLisaX: and she didn't rush anything, which I love
THEChickNorris: No, she didn't.
GemmaLisaX: And when she did get to the lemony part...
THEChickNorris: And the lemons in this story are some of the sweetest I've ever read.
GemmaLisaX: yes!
And one point that I have to make is that the insecurities in this from both parties where never annoying
THEChickNorris: they're just as subtle as the rest of the story.
GemmaLisaX: you never though....just get over it already
You wanted to see it played out natural
THEChickNorris: NO, it was SOOO relatable.
GemmaLisaX: and yes, her lemons don't detract from the story at all, they're in keeping with the rest of it and it makes it so much better
THEChickNorris: It's just an awesome fucking story.
GemmaLisaX: that it is. It has something for everyone
EVERYONE should read it
THEChickNorris: Oh hell yeah.
It's just amazing, and beautiful, and I know that they'll all love it.
GemmaLisaX: Can't forget her Peter and Char either
I've never seem them done like this
THEChickNorris: I've never seen a Peter like that.
He's riveting.
GemmaLisaX: completely
And he's no side kick either
LOL
THEChickNorris: NO! Not a side-kick. He's strong and confident in his own right.
And her Edward!
GemmaLisaX: yep, and he has depth.
Peter...not Edward
LMAO
THEChickNorris: I know you're an Eddie-boy fan.
But I like how she explains Edward's behavior.
GemmaLisaX: kghsbdfnjghfnmjvbgfcvcbn
Yeah, she makes it up
<Pouts and sulks>
THEChickNorris: And it's nice that she's not turned either Alice or Edward into inherently evil beings dead set on the separation of Bella and Jasper.
GemmaLisaX: YES!
THEChickNorris: You don't read her story and hate on either of them.
GemmaLisaX: <looks sheepish> I'd never do something like that <whistles>
THEChickNorris: <dies laughing>
GemmaLisaX: :D
My Edward really was eeeeeeeeeeevil though
He wasn't stupid
Anyways
LOL
Yes...on all counts about her Edward
THEChickNorris: I love this story, it's one of the few that I fangirl over.
I consider myself honored that she allowed GemmaLisaX to pre-read for her.
GemmaLisaX: I don't blame you!!!
Awesome privilege
THEChickNorris: I agree.
SOOOO, everyone...stop RIGHT NOW and go read it.
GemmaLisaX: WHAT SHE SAID
:D
THEChickNorris: NOW!!!
GemmaLisaX: <nodslots>
You won't regret it
THEChickNorris: No, you won't.
<Smiles sweetly> Wifey?
GemmaLisaX: Yes, Wifey?
THEChickNorris: Ummm, about that fangirling?
GemmaLisaX: Yes, Wifey?
THEChickNorris: Can we do that now? I think we've lost all of our readers to that fuckawesome story.
GemmaLisaX: that's true <grabs you and throws you over my should>
Grab the toys on our way out will you?.
THEChickNorris: See y'all next week folks! Go read!!!
GemmaLisaX: <smacks your arse and slams the Pimp door>












/ Filed under

One Response to “The Pimps Rec 'Long Way Down' by Forthelongestday”


  1. Oh my goodness... *blushes* you two are just too much. You totally made my day. :-)

    Hey,Gemma...wanna pre-read the next one, too? *waggles eyebrows*.

Leave a Reply

Spread The Word!

Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

PhotobucketPhotobucket