Vamp Fic Recs Photobucket Slash Fic Rec Completed Fics Supporting Cast Fics Adventures of SuperBeta Nico's Random Thoughts Banner banter I'd Hit that Banners Fanged Ones The Pimps Author Spotlight Fandom Happenings Affiliate News Contests Awards Site News

Slash Fic Recs: "Serendipity" by naelany


Okay, so I know I'm usually all about the pr0n, but not today, my friends. Today I want to tell you about a wonderful little story, new to our site, that really touched me. Like, deep down in my achy place (not that achy place, you pervs, I told you I'm being serious today!) Yes, today's story is not about the poyborn, it's about love. Or as they say in Gay Paris (heh, see what I did there?), l'amour. Love, and loss, and refusing to give up.

Serendipity by naelany


The story (which is actually a series of drabbles, but easily reads as a short story) was inspired by postcards and prompts sent to naelany by a friend who was visiting Paris. I assume the picture above is one of the postcards. Isn't it gorgeous? Oh how I want to go back to Paris! The prompt was "Lonesper by a cloudy day, walking, wrapped in a wool coat, trying to escape the cold from the winter, which mirrors the cold in his heart. it is up to you who he is missing." The result is just beautiful.

Set in Paris (obviously) just after VE Day, Serendipity follows Jasper as he searches for a missing Edward. The prose is lovely, Jasper's despair is real, and I just may have shed a tear. Read it.

Until la semaine prochaine, mes amies!


/ Filed under

2 Responses to “Slash Fic Recs: "Serendipity" by naelany”

  1. Unknown says:

    Aw thanks, sweets! And yes, that is the card she sent me. I'm so glad you liked it!


  2. And what you did write from just a little prompt and postcard is nothing short of amazing Nae! You had us all in tears.

    This was so beautiful.

    Thank you for writing this!

Leave a Reply

Spread The Word!

Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

PhotobucketPhotobucket