Vamp Fic Recs Photobucket Slash Fic Rec Completed Fics Supporting Cast Fics Adventures of SuperBeta Nico's Random Thoughts Banner banter I'd Hit that Banners Fanged Ones The Pimps Author Spotlight Fandom Happenings Affiliate News Contests Awards Site News

The Pimps review Time Marches On by The One Mama

THEChickNorris: <snuggles back up> I'm back. They've been safely delivered to the school.

GemmaLisax: <grins and tucks you in with me> Ready to get the rec done now? lol

THEChickNorris: Fuck. I totally forgot the rec.
Yeah, let's get it done.

GemmaLisax: ok

THEChickNorris: Good thing I've already read it.

GemmaLisax: yeah, LOL

THEChickNorris: It's, I'm pretty sure going to end up being a prologue.
So there will be more.

GemmaLisax: Time Marches On by TheOneMama
yup
I got to see the time line
<grins>

THEChickNorris: Shit...thanks. Yeah.

GemmaLisax: LOL

THEChickNorris: You did?
I've not seen the time line.
<pouts>

GemmaLisax: I'm sure you will
lol
But this o/s...or prologue, should I say, really is a beautiful piece of writing
even if she doesn't continue it
which she should

THEChickNorris: So, there's really only one character thus far.

GemmaLisax: Yup

THEChickNorris: But we get great insight into what makes this character tick.

GemmaLisax: Yes
it also has a fuckawesome banner
LMAO

THEChickNorris: <pokes you>

GemmaLisax: the character is all internal dialogue and musings
<squeaks>

THEChickNorris: It does, but folks don't read this segment for the banners, no matter how fuckin awesome they are.

GemmaLisax: :P

THEChickNorris: This is a wonderful O/S...or prologue...or whatever...it's really good. And this is her first bit of writing.

GemmaLisax: Yes, she was VERY nervous about it

THEChickNorris: It's written in a very prosaic style.
Which I find difficult to write in.
But it's beautiful to read.

GemmaLisax: yes, I agree. I love the flow
I have to say that when i first read this, I was raving on about it
I even read it three times

THEChickNorris: I like that we don't have a simpering emo character...

GemmaLisax: I couldn't get enough
yes!

THEChickNorris: but we still get the internal musings and internal dialogue

GemmaLisax: yes
and everything is alluded to, rather than given in great detail
so its well, there’s no bogging down in details.
its a telling of a journey

THEChickNorris: It is.
This was my first real bit of Beta work, and I must say...I enjoyed it. Thank GOD it was such a lovely piece to read or I likely would have been put off from doing any more Beta work in the future.
I really enjoyed this, and I am hoping that I'll have more in the near future. HINT, HINT, HINT.

GemmaLisax: Oh, if I have anything to do with it there will be
I may have been <shifty eyes> somewhat vocal in requesting more

THEChickNorris: <dies laughing> Ok.
And you were well received, I assume?

GemmaLisax: yeah
LOL
I wasn't the only one either
I think everyone that talks to her and has read it has told her to continue it

THEChickNorris: I've followed the reviews...there were a LOT of folks that want more.

GemmaLisax: <nodslots>
yup
its the kind of writing style that you can't help but love to read
and it was interesting
really interesting

THEChickNorris: It was interesting.

GemmaLisax: and I loved how she ended it
:D
the whole thing was very poignant and emotive

THEChickNorris: Yes, your burning questions are answered at the end...welllll, some of them.

GemmaLisax: LOL
Yeah, I may have attacked her with questions afterwards
BUT
it will all be explained in the chapters to come
<grins BIG>

THEChickNorris: YOU attacked her with questions?
<is shocked>
<bursts out laughing>

GemmaLisax: I have no idea what you may be hinting at

THEChickNorris: You're inquisitive.

GemmaLisax: Yeah, we'll go with that
LOL
much better than nosey

THEChickNorris: But seriously, only my stellar restraint kept me from pelting her with questions.

GemmaLisax: Yeah, I have little to no will power when it comes to things like that
LMAO

THEChickNorris: <snickers cause you bought the stellar restraint bit>

GemmaLisax: You have more restraint than me
:P
And this is something that leaves you dying for more
It truly impressed me

THEChickNorris: I was quite impressed.
I must admit, with all the caveats that Mama approached me with, I was terrified to take a look...but I am so glad that she brought it to me. It is a wonderful piece of writing.
I think that she just needs more love in her review box...

GemmaLisax: HINT HINT
love in her box
<sniggers>

THEChickNorris: In fact, I think that everyone that reads it should be leaving her a review.

GemmaLisax: TBH, I'm surprised that anyone that reads it leaves without reviewing it
I WANTED to say something about it
There was no way I was walking away from that without letting the author know how fantastic it was
especially with it being her first piece of writing

THEChickNorris: Yes.
It really is lovely, and everyone should go read it and enjoy it and leave big love.

GemmaLisax: Especially if you want her to continue it

THEChickNorris: Exactly.
<starts digging in my treasure chest of wonders for a little something for the folks>
<still digging> They really better get to reading and reviewing.

GemmaLisax: <watches your arse as you're bent over> uh huh...I think so too

THEChickNorris: <holds up a pair of edible panties, raises an eyebrow and continues digging> It's a great piece and she's new to writing and would really appreciate the love.
AHA! <stands up with my riding crop>
<waves the crop at the wifey>

GemmaLisax: <runs to the fridge for the squirty cream, shouting over my shoulder> She really would, the support and love is crucial. And really, should be a given most of the time! Oh...<legs it back in>

THEChickNorris: Ok folks...Time Marches On by The One Mama...go read it and make sure to review it.

GemmaLisax: yes
go read it
NOW





/ Filed under

Leave a Reply

Spread The Word!

Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

PhotobucketPhotobucket